Athena Balance is a simple formula of potassium silicate specifically concentrated to buffer irrigation water and stabilize to ideal pH. Silicon additionally benefits plant growth, stem structure, stress reduction, water usage (osmoregulation), and nutrient utilization.
Commercial growers find better results, particularly with reverse osmosis (RO) water, when buffering first with Athena Balance. Pure RO water has unstable chemical structure that can trap other nutrients when added without a buffer. Athena Balance adds just enough to the water to create a more homogenous fertilizer solution and reduce the need to pH adjust after mixing.
Formula is sediment-free and is compatible with mechanical dosing systems (Dosatron). Athena Balance is not recommended for electronic dosing systems (Netafim).
- Shake well before use - Our products run through a 1 micron filter before bottling so any micro-particles you may see won't clog dosing systems or emitters.
- Use clean measuring instruments - do not put anything into the bottle to avoid contamination.
- To increase target EC - Always use equal parts A & B to maintain mineral balance.
- DO NOT combine products in undiluted form - This renders the formulas useless and must be disposed of.
- Store closed in original packaging - Keep at a temperature between 45° F and 85° F. Exposure to the environment will reduce shelf-life.
- Adjust recipe as needed - Every cultivar and growing environment is unique. Adjust accordingly to maintain plant health and vigor.